Banks Sheridan is the trading name of Banks Sheridan Limited. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice informs you about how we manage your personal data when you visit our website (irrespective of where you visit it from) and informs you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Important Information and Who We Are
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides information on how Banks Sheridan collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide.
- This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- It’s crucial to read this privacy notice alongside any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we collect or process personal data about you. This notice supplements other notices and is not intended to override them.
Banks Sheridan is the controller and responsible for your personal data. Throughout this privacy notice, it may be referred to as “Banks Sheridan”, “we”, “us”, or “our”.
If you have questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details provided.
You can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, we’d appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns first.
Changes to the Privacy Notice and Your Duty to Inform Us of Changes
This notice was last updated on 18 October 2023. Ensure that the personal data we have about you is accurate and current. Inform us if your data changes during our relationship.
Our website may include third-party links, plugins, and applications. Clicking on these links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We don’t control these third-party websites and aren’t responsible for their privacy statements. Always read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The Data We Collect About You
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect various types of personal data about you, including:
- Identity Data: First name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Profile Data: Username, password, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Contact Data: Company address, email address, and phone numbers.
- Usage Data: Information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Transaction Data: Details about payments to and from you and other details of services you use from us.
- Marketing and Communications Data: Your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Technical Data: IP address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, and other technology on the devices you access our website with.
We don’t collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you. This includes details about your race, religious beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, health information, and genetic and biometric data. We also don’t collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
If You Fail to Provide Personal Data
If you don’t provide personal data when requested, which we need by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you, we might not be able to perform the contract. If this happens, we might have to cancel a service you have with us. We’ll notify you if this is the case.
How is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use various methods to collect data from and about you, including:
- Direct Interactions: You may provide us with your Identity and Contact data by filling in forms or by communicating with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated Technologies or Interactions: As you use our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this data using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
- Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources: We may receive personal data about you from third parties, including analytics providers like Google, advertising networks, and search information providers.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law permits. Most commonly, we will use your personal data:
- To perform a contract with you.
- Where it’s necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and rights don’t override those interests.
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Purposes for Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
We have outlined the ways we plan to use your personal data and the legal bases we rely on. We might process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
We aim to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, especially around marketing and advertising.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes we collected it for, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason compatible with the original purpose.
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We might have to share your personal data with internal and external third parties for various purposes.
We don’t transfer your personal data outside the UK.
We have procedures in place to handle any suspected personal data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where legally required.
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary. The retention period might vary based on the purpose and in compliance with legal requirements.
Your Legal Rights
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, or to object to processing.
This section provides definitions and further details about terms used in this privacy notice.
The content on this website is for information only. We retain the copyright for the content on this website. You must not reproduce, copy, or alter anything on this website without our prior written consent.
Any software downloaded from our website is at your own risk. We don’t guarantee its suitability and won’t be liable for any issues it might cause.
We won’t be liable for any issues arising from the use or inability to use this website.
We don’t guarantee that emails sent to us will be received or remain private during transmission. If you’re concerned about email security, please consider other means of communication.
If you have complaints about how we handle personal information, you can contact us or lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The information on our website is accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, the law constantly changes and might affect each person differently. Always